
Update - Seems that I was at Lambrigg Wind Farm, north of Kendal. I shouldn't have been anywhere near Kendal. I did finally reach my destination and fortunately there were no concerns re time of arrival so what the heck, I've driven up a beautiful country road and visited a wind farm. This is the advantage of having no sense of direction. You see more than most people and get to visit many places. :-)
"It is better to travel than to arrive."
6 comments:
It looks a bit damp north of Kendal.
It was damp yesterday and has been damp here for a few days.
It needed to be damp in Cumbria. The water supply at dad's house is critical. They don't have mains water - They rely on an underground stream and rainwater.
It IS better to travel than to arrive sometimes :) I'm with you. Ending up at new unexpected places is a great bonus. This is my excuse for not buying a GPS. Well...that and I probably couldn't work the thing if I had one. LOL
Echomouse - There are times when I would just like to arrive without getting lost.
:-)
Jut once?
It has happened to me at least 10 times and I enjoyed it more and more every time.
I dunno if it makes a difference to you being a woman.
Not many males admit to being hopelessly lost, Jac. Are you sure it is your fault? Maybe it's the map and or the poorly signed roads or something. :-) Just teasing.
If it isn't time critical I don't mind being temporarily lost - I am used to it and enjoy the trip out. If it is time critical I can end up getting very worked up about it - That's why I have a GPS.
Post a Comment