Lobster's reply to an ealier post reminds me of the time I stayed in a 'naughty' house. We were due to leave Hong Kong early in the morning but couldn't because of a typhoon. I thought the typhoon had been one hell of an experience but the stay in this 'house' was something else.
All aircraft had been grounded but the hotel's next intake had already arrived. It was a case of kipping on the corridors or finding somewhere else.
The people seemed a little over friendly but it wasn't until I arrived in my new room that I realised what the place was. People kept arriving to offer a massage - I didn't want one.
The room was amazing. Red velvet draped around huge mirrors and a mirrored ceiling. The bed was round and I spent some time trying to work out how they had fitted the sheets and the rest of the bedding. I wouldn't have known which way round to sleep if it hadn't have been for the fact that there was a small headboard with buttons, at one end. Don't ask me what the buttons were for - I'm not going to tell you. To be honest, I don't know what most of them were for. I hadn't the courage to push them.
The TV was shocking. I'd never seen anything like it and I don't want to see it ever again.
I liked the big square bath but couldn't wait to leave in the morning.
My partner at the time thought it was all a big scream but I wasn't amused.
Don't ask me to find you a room - Not even in an emergency.
[Posted by Kath from the PDA]
7 comments:
This PDA thing is rather spiffy :) I like it! You can do anything from anywhere now!
As for that room you stayed in...you know, that would have freaked me out. LOL A round bed, with buttons no less, all of it. Give me a plain country inn or a nice normal hotel room anyday. Barring that, a tent would be heaven :)
If I had stayed in a room like that I probably would have taken pictures of everything so I could show my friends... for a laugh~!
But I think it would make me very nervous and uncomfortable to stay there.
Echomouse - It did freak me out but a tent wouldn't have been very practical in the circumstances.
Colleen - I didn't have a camera with me. The typhoon had been very disruptive and all our belongings were still at the hotel. In many places we were still wading through water over our knees. These days I would have a camera with me no matter what.
"Naughty" house, how delicately put :0)
You might get the wrong impression of me, but I ended up staying in one, with a male friend, on the Malaysian side of a river that borders Brunei. We didn't twig at first, even when offered the room by the hour. The proprietor couldn't understand why we wanted a twin room. A complete flea-pit really, but all hotels in the town seemed to offer the same "service".
cool! But what was shocking about the TV?
Lobster - Yes, we were offered a room by the hour in Marseille, France but when it is late at night, you are travelling and it looks like they will leave you well alone, there isn't always a lot of choice. It seems we somehow managed to get in the wrong part of town. I stipped all the sheets off the bed and refused to sleep between them. :-)
Wendy - I'm not going to say in detail - It crossed the line with me. I can laugh at the rest of it ,and myself, but not the TV.
Post a Comment