Friday, August 04, 2006

People die from this sort of stuff. Young people. Mostly disadvantaged and vulnerable, young people. I am sure you all know that but it is very difficult to cross them off your register - I don't.







5 comments:

Lobster Blogster said...

Are you buying or selling?

jac said...

I have no idea of what it is ?

kat said...

Neither Lobster and it isn't stuff for the weekend either. :-)

Seriously there are kids trying very hard to come off this sort of stuff but they are vulnerable and sometimes things go disastrously wrong. If a youngster in many neighbourhoods died of some nightclub drug overdose there would probably be a big write up about it and a campaign of some kind to follow but when it happens to those from deprived backgrounds whose parents probably spent much of their lives drugged up or in prison and the youngsters themselves can't read or write and / or have no real home to go home to, then you probably won't hear anything about it.

We could always fall back on the "I blame the parents" but that won't wash because the parents themselves were / still are in exactly the same position and so it goes on and on .........

kat said...

Just some of the lighter stuff, Jac.

BionicBuddha said...

The world is a tough place for so many people...it is a sad state of affairs.



www.bionicbuddha.com