Thin plastic carrier bags are provided by stores here. If you want a sturdier bag you have to pay 20 eurocents. Most of the time, I don’t need a free bag because I bring my own shopping bags. However when I get one, I’ll reuse it till it falls apart or I use it for garbage.
over here, plastic has been banned, especially plastic bags. a few of them have replaced those with paper bags and even jute bags, but it surprises me that the plastic bags are still around in every nook and corner of the city! :)
Dakota - I often end up paying 10p for the sturdier bags but if I get a lot of shopping or if I shop online (the stuff is delivered in them). I end up with the awful plastic bags.
Squid - You are paying for them. We are all paying for them. If I do have to use the bags I put as much stuff in them as I possibly can. Mainly so that I don't have so many trips from the back of the car to my kitchen.
velu nair - The bags already produced will hang around forever. I think that banning them is the right thing to do.
I'm in Canada. We still get them, but stores are starting to ask now if we want a bag, instead of giving them automatically. I solicit plastic bags from my co-workers, because I need them for my dog's poop-and-scoop.
4 comments:
Thin plastic carrier bags are provided by stores here. If you want a sturdier bag you have to pay 20 eurocents. Most of the time, I don’t need a free bag because I bring my own shopping bags. However when I get one, I’ll reuse it till it falls apart or I use it for garbage.
over here, plastic has been banned, especially plastic bags. a few of them have replaced those with paper bags and even jute bags, but it surprises me that the plastic bags are still around in every nook and corner of the city!
:)
Dakota - I often end up paying 10p for the sturdier bags but if I get a lot of shopping or if I shop online (the stuff is delivered in them). I end up with the awful plastic bags.
Squid - You are paying for them. We are all paying for them. If I do have to use the bags I put as much stuff in them as I possibly can. Mainly so that I don't have so many trips from the back of the car to my kitchen.
velu nair - The bags already produced will hang around forever. I think that banning them is the right thing to do.
I'm in Canada. We still get them, but stores are starting to ask now if we want a bag, instead of giving them automatically. I solicit plastic bags from my co-workers, because I need them for my dog's poop-and-scoop.
Post a Comment