Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Reassessed

Thanks very much for the replies to my last post - I will be fine.

I think the post was a reaction to some external pressures and comments. I tell people I'm going on a cruise and rather than take any real interest in where I am going they immediately become obsessed with my wardrobe and the social occasions. I guess they just want me to have a good time but I needed to establish and re-assess my reasons and motives for going.

I have never been disappointed with any trip and unless I miss the boat I do not expect to be dissappointed this time. I go with the intention of seeing places the way they really are and for the experience of being there. If you go for the experience it is impossible to be dissappointed because the experience is exactly what you get. (If that makes an ounce of sense. )

The formal social ocassions will be part of that experience and I will enjoy them.

6 comments:

jac said...

OMG ! That was not an actual cruise you were thinking ?

kat said...

Yes it is.

pal said...

That's much more positive :-)

When are you off? Have a brilliant time.

kat said...

On the 20th (in the very early hours) but I've got loads of work to finish before I go - Some from last year (up to Aug) some for next year (Sept). Looks like I'll be stopping up all bloody night.
:-(

I'm working tomorrow too.

I've packed my suitcase - I didn't want to risk not getting that done. Priorities and all that.

jac said...

Bon Voyage ! Dear !
And take care.
:-h

pal said...

Hope you get it all done and then you can forget all about it - for a while :-)