
Getting my passport, E111 card and other papers together in preparation for my holiday, I stopped to think about the word 'identity'. What is my real identity? If I was to ask another human would they list my physical features, my personality traits, or something else.
I asked my child to describe my identity. These are his answers:
1. You're always nagging
2. You are always getting lost
3. You look a bit like that lady off 'The Good Life'.
I hope he means Felicity Kendal rather than the other one. Not that there is anything wrong with Penelope Keith - I just don't want her mannerisms. She is a very good actress though.
PS. I don't look like Felicity Kendal - Childen have very wide imaginations. It made my day, all the same. I can take 1 and 2 on the chin.
5 comments:
You look a bit like that lady off 'The Good Life'
Think I would have to disagree with your son there 'cos if that is you in the passport you look just like a nun to me. So maybe more Julie Andrews than Felicity Kendal.
But maybe by choosing the piccie you are asserting your main characteristic that is defining you as a person at this moment.
Eeeeek! Hope its only temporary!
Well, is being compared to Felicity Kendal such a bad thing? I don’t think so :) It sure is better than the character that Penelope Keith played in “The Good Life”.
And forget about the nagging. Kids always think their parents are nagging all the time.
Not sure about the getting lost bit though…….. you seem to get lost sometimes (according to your blog) :)
Hope you aren't planning to fly today...
Felicity Kendal still looks great (though perhaps a little stretched around the face, if you know what I mean.) Penelope Keith (her character was called Margot) has a certain stately beauty.
Pal - Climb every mountain.....snip ..... Follow every rainbow. :-))
Dakota - My sense of direction is extremely poor. I watched a TV programme once and it showed how people like me can become so easily disorientated in a shopping centre.
Rob - I not flying anywhere. I will be sailing from Harwich. Travelling down by coach and not particularly looking forward to that bit.
Penelope Keith was even better as Audrey in 'To The Manor Born'
Felicity Kendal WOW :-)
You are brave to ask your child to describe your identity. Mine would not be so generous. I might get hit with the nagging or being on their cases though.
Post a Comment