Thursday, August 10, 2006

Job App

I received an invitation to apply for a job last week and I am still mulling it over. Best make a decision pretty quickly because the application has to be in by tomorrow and I haven't prepared anything as yet. The job seems interesting and many aspects of it are right up my street but one particular part of it isn't easy. I know that because I have done some work along simialar lines and had to work against some serious difficulties and pitfalls. Could be a good thing to bring up and discuss in an interview though. I'll have a brew and then get on with it.

On an entirely different subject, I ordered a book from Amazon at 12:14 yesterday - It arrived at 9:30 this morning. Do you suppose they already have your recommend books wrapped up? I have this mental vision of a bloke in the packing department handing the book to another chappie, some months ago, with the words " Here, get this wrapped up and addressed - She's bound to order it sooner or later."

( I've been sat reading the book instead of getting on with the job application :-) )

2 comments:

Phil said...

Maybe they have subliminal messages in the books that they already sent you...
buy this book next Kat, buy this book next :-)

any decision on the job?
Best of luck to you

kat said...

Hi Phil, I took the application in and discovered that many members of the organisation's permanent staff have applied for this particular job. I can't say that I didn't expect that but I have got all the qualifications and experience it asks for so you never know. I'm going with the flow at the moment and if it doesn't flow my way so be it. I'm not really bothered about ships coming in - I'm more concerned about the cruise ship that's going out on the 20th August - My holiday/vacation. :-)