Friday, August 25, 2006

From Russia With Love

A lot of sight seeing in St Petersberg today. I can't explain the sheer wonder of some of the buildings - Not in a short post. More to look at tomorrow. See the comments on my last post re the burning cathedral. Bluefluff posted a link to the BBC news report.

So far on this cruise I have witnessed an emergency air lift at sea and a burning cathedral. What next?

5 comments:

pal said...

Crumbs, all that high drama - who said cruising was relaxing!

Such a shame about the fire but it looks as though they got all the moveable treasures out safely.

Take care.

Buggles Balham High Road said...

Oh Kat - I have a photo of that golden tower dome and me in a life jacket doing the drill on the boat.

Isn't St Petersberg so beautiful? Have you been to the Hermitage yet? Please tell.

Please no more dramas - can't take it!

jac said...

A fire ?

Anonymous said...

What next, mmm, maybe an emergency whale cesarean section perhaps? :]

Echomouse said...

Holy crap! You're having an adventure and a vacation all in one. On a cruise yet! I didn't even know that was possible :) Good job Kat! lol