Thursday, August 25, 2005

Why chocolate should be taught in schools


















A science and a religion.




But first - What kind of chocolate are you?

You are Dark Chocolate

You live your life with intensity, always going full force.
You push yourself (and others) to the limit... you want more than you can handle.
An extreme person, you challenge and inspire the world!

What Kind of Chocolate Are You? Take This Quiz :-)







Chocolate should be at the core of the school curriculum because it is both a science and a religion. Don't believe me, well take a look at these sites:

The Sweet Lure of Chocolate - A fab site complete with video clips.

The Science of Chocolate

History of Chocolate

Of course there is also a lot of history and geography in there. Maths - Well we could look at how chocolate effects the world's economy. Poverty versus fair trade

In Aztec myth, the god of agriculture, Questzalcoatl, travelled to earth carrying the cocoa tree from Paradise, because it would bring humans wisdom and power.Chocolate became so highly regarded by the Aztecs that it was used as a form of currency along with gold dust.


Whilst I appreciate Nogbad's introduction to Pastafarianism as a spiritual path I think I will stick to Fairtrade chocolate. I'm not that keen on spaghetti.

Women need chocolate. GW likes chocolate too but he yearns for the chocolate sauce.

13 comments:

pal said...

I am Milk Chocolate .....

A total dreamer, you spend most of your time with your head in the clouds.
You often think of the future, and you are always working toward your ideal life.
Also nostelgic, you rarely forget a meaningful moment... even those from long ago.

Off to follow up your links :-)

CHOCOLATE! ........ YUMMY!

fatrobot said...

i invented chocotherapy

kat said...

Chocotherapy. Sounds good to me. What exactly does it involve? I love eating the stuff but got a terrible skin irritation after using some chocolate bubble bath. Smelt lovely but I looked a mess. I think it was the soap - I can't see the chocolate being the problem.

fatrobot said...

i'm not telling unless you gimme a remote control airplane

kat said...

I haven't got one yet! :-)

For the benefit of others this is what we both want and since my dad makes model aircraft I was thinking of asking him to make me something similar. Fatrobot posted the link to the video on his blog.

Wendy said...

I am white chocolate...lame, White chocolate is not my favorite, although it is Hubby's favorite.

Have you tried Hersheys Nuggets with toffee and almonds...I seriously need to stop eating those little suckers, but, boy they are good.

kat said...

Wendy - Just found them on the web and they look scrumptious but I don't know whether you can get them here. I haven't seen them in this country.

Nogbad said...

Oh Kat - I see you are following the dark side :-)

kat said...

Only the dark side of the chocolate. Oh dear I am really struggling now. I have been off chocolate (except drinking chocolate ) for months but I have got to have some. Just a little tiny bar - I'm off to the shop.

Nogbad said...

Be aware! Morrisons currently have a 3 for 2 on Cadburys. I know that posh people eat Greene & Blacks or whatever it is but plebs such as like what I is are happy to munch Cadbury's F&N with Casualty!

kat said...

I found a choccie box in my son's bedroom with 3 chocolates in it. How many do you think there are now and where is the box? I've left him a pound coin and a note.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... this post makes me hungry. I think I'll go have some chocolate RIGHT Now!

By the way, I think this is my first visit to your blog?! I wanted to let you know that I really like it!

I especially like all your little pictures with KAT on them. How cute!

I will come back to visit again, that's for sure... but for now, I have to get some chocolate!

Take Care!

kat said...

I went out and bought a big bar of chocolate shortly after the post. I find it very hard to resist chocolate. :-)