Sunday, August 14, 2005

English to American Dictionary







The English to American Dictionary looks like a useful site and one to bookmark.

It has a number of different catogories including everyday speech, the body and insults.

I was really surprised to learn that you Yanks wear fanny packs around your waist - You can't do that over here!

7 comments:

Prométhiûs said...

Thanks for the link

kat said...

We call them bum bags over here Maitri.

ScaryCheri said...

Fanny Packs?
We call 'em fag bags, and no I don't mean fag as in ciggarette ;)

kat said...

Announcing that I wanted a fag was one of the first mistakes I made when I first landed in the US.

Inner Fonzie said...

Fags can come in handy sometimes... And, much like cigarettes, you can trade them for money or other favors in prison.

kat said...

Thanks for the tip Fonzie. :-)

Wendy said...

This dictionary will help me understand all of you much better. Thanks for the link.