
It was my son’s birthday at weekend and in addition to taking him and his mates out to the pictures, I decided to throw an adult party for friends and family. The party seemed to be going well but I was rather disturbed by the fact that everyone was drinking *my* Chardonnay. This was despite the fact that I had stocked up with lots of beer, other wines and Guinness. The fear of the Chardonnay running out became very real, so to preserve my own private supply I found the biggest wine glass I could and kept filling it up. (How come everyone wanted Chardonnay all of a sudden?)
Just before it ran dry I sent my brother-in-law to the Off Licence for some more. When he returned with the bottles he told me off for causing him some embarrassment. I had sent him for Apple Blossom Chardonnay but had I meant Blossom Hill? Well of course I had but like everyone else I get a bit confused when it's sunny and I've had a few. A few minutes later one of the guests asked me if I was OK - It was at this point that I realised that rather than gliding gracefully across the floor I was very probably staggering. I decided to go upstairs and assess my situation - It was the middle of the afternoon and perhaps I had already, inadvertently, had too much to drink. Some 6 hours later I woke up to find that my guests had consumed everything, cleaned up and gone home. Apparently everyone had a good time. Shame I missed it!
9 comments:
I didn't nick it Kat ;-)
When you said one glass and you are out cold I didn't realize your glasses held a bottle :-)
What nice guests to clear up!
Yes pal, I have some very big glasses.
In future though I am going to give the guests the small ones.
:-)
GW - I did have some red wines but I can't drink the stuff myself - it gives me an instant migraine.
:-(
bah!
figures, you have a great party and pass out at noon for all the guests to enjoy your house...lol....I agree with gw though, at least they cleaned up!
GW. That stuff you're drinking in the bottle with the bent neck......
It's called Toilet Duck.
"It's called Toilet Duck."
ROFL
Nice pic too btw - night :-)
Hey! Great party, nice house guests, can't beat that! At least they cleaned, I have in-laws that leave messes while I'm awake, let alone "napping".
Post a Comment