Saturday, August 06, 2005

Need a Life

I have been so bored and lifeless today. Can't be bothered to do a thing. I have lots of things I could be doing but I don't want to do any of them. What on earth is the matter with me? Life is a drag and I don't know what I want from it. I should be pleased because I have just got on the scales (it was a big effort to walk over there and step on them) and discovered that I have lost another couple of pounds which means that I am very near to target weight and I can now get in all the clothes in my wardrobe. The problem is, I have lost all the little desires that made life bearable like eating Toblerones and drinking Guinness. I have done nowt much with this computer except stare at the screen as if it were a fish tank.

7 comments:

Lobster Blogster said...

Hi Kat, the future Mrs Lobster has put me on the GI diet (well GL actually, but GI is more well known). I have no complaints, I've discovered that carbohydrates can have a wierd effect on you. You eat them to fill yourself up, then find they make you hungry again.

It's not about cutting out carbs altogether, but its about getting a better balance with fruit and veg etc. In me lethargy is very much linked to my diet.

kat said...

Hi Lobster

I don't think it is anything to do with the diet but you never know. I've got a lot of big life changes and new work projects coming up in September but until they start happening I am in limbo really. I don't know who I will be in September!! Don't know who the hell I am now for that matter. :-))) I've decided to slap myself round the head and put in a bit of effort in the morning. :-)

Nogbad said...

Kat - don't worry about who you will be at some point in the future, concentrate on who you are now.

Okay, that's enough Zen for now. Open a bottle of Guinness, crack off a few triangles of Toblerone, turn the TV over to the cricket, kick off your shoes and stretch out in the sofa. This is what the world is all about :-)

Echomouse said...

Congratulations on the pound loss!!! :) Put one of your long cherished outfits on and that might inspire you.

Then, follow Nog's advice I would say.

Lobster is very healthy, for a lobster I mean :)

kat said...

crack off a few triangles of Toblerone

Are you kidding Nogbad? A few triangles of Toblerone!! No such thing as a few triangles of Toblerone. If I get possession of Toblerone I eat the lot!!! :-)

You are right re the Zen but it is possible to take it too far i.e. aimless, motionless, directionless and bone idle. That's how I felt yesterday but hey why should I feel guilty about that? :-)

kat said...

Part of the problem, Echo Mouse. All these lovely clothes to wear and no where to go! I'll sort that out. :-)

Nogbad said...

Tsk! Women! You get the body you want and the clothes to wear and then you get tense about not having anyhere to go! No ploeasing some of you :-)