Monday, March 13, 2006

Strange Day

The taxi brought my child back from school this morning. The road to the school was inaccessible due to snow and ice. The school is way up on the top of a hill and it seems likely that it will be shut all week. I was a little concerned when he returned because I was supposed to be working this afternoon but the concern didn't last long. I received a phone call to say that the place couldn't open due to the lack of staff. Many of them are off sick.

I turned my attention to tonight's employment and rang to sort out some things, but was told that vandals had broke into the building and set fire to a large part of it. We can go in but we are going to be a bit limited and a bit strapped for resources.

Are all the blogs still here?

4 comments:

Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Checking in just so's you know I'm still here!!!

Echomouse said...

I'm still here. But oh boy, that's some major stuff happening.

kat said...

Thanks Pyk. I was beginning to think everything was turning to dust.

GW - I wish I was making it up.

Echo Mouse. I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Nogbad said...

{{{Kat}}}! I'm still here so you must decide whether that's a good think or not :-)