Thursday, March 02, 2006

Don't be a Boring Old Fart!

Be a start-up. I like this post at Passionate so much, I'm posting the chart on my blog so that I never lose it.

I can't live in column 2 and never have been able to. Looking back I realise that wherever I have been or worked, I've always had to be in the the part which is moving forward / uncertain / trying something new. I have to do this even if it puts me under stress and even if everyone else hates me for it. Column 2 is a near death experience and words like 'core compentences' and 'expert solutions' make me want to throw up. I'm sure we need column 2 people but I don't want to be one of them. I can't be one of them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work for myself from home, principally because I tend to find conventional workplaces stultifying and need to escape. The ability to shape my own day and to a degree, my destiny is dead important.

jac said...

Send a copy to your CEO, Kat !

Nogbad said...

Yay! My CEO read it and loved it - but he's a nice bloke kat :-)

kat said...

Jac - I'm my own CEO.:-) I only do contract work - Can't afford to lose any of the contracts though. :-)

kat said...

I can believe that, Nogbad. :-)

Anonymous said...

CEO ?!?!? What are we suddenly in America ?

It is quite an amusing list and slightly to near the truth. Competition ?!? What competition ? Love that one.

Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

I think I fit a little in both columns! When I'm in 'business mode'in an office I get ever so responsible but really preferred being my own boss ... just realising how much so, sadly :(

Echomouse said...

Company I used to work for started out as a column 1. We enjoyed that time immensely. Then they became a column 2. That's about when I had enough and bailed.

Even if the choice was living in a van down by the river or an apartment, I would never ever ever choose column 2. I'd rather be dead.