Sunday, March 26, 2006

Can't sleep

I keep thinking I should ring the OU on Monday morning and tell them I want to go back on my course. The relief isn't instant as many people have suggested - I feel terrible and can't live without the pressure.

I could maybe gain a bit of space and time if I cut down on my work a bit and lived off my credit cards for a while. Also I will have the benefit of the Easter Holidays. As for sleeping, the truth is I can't sleep anyway so I may as well have my course material back. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really don't know what to do or even whether I could get back on the course. I would have to say that I had a mini nervous breakdown but it's over now - Temporary insanity. No, that wouldn't work - I'm permanently insane.

I'll take a good look at it all tomorrow.

12 comments:

bluefluff said...

Kat, I've known several cases where students have withdrawn & then been re-instated a few days later after thinking better of it.
Go for it - if it all gets horrible again you can always withdraw again right at the end.
(((Kat)))

kat said...

It would help if I could get on with something today but I can't - I feel paralysed for some reason. Not made a decision as yet but I have got all the course work.
I going to eat all my Mothers Day choccies.

bluefluff said...

Chocolaote usually helps :-)

jac said...

You are mistaken. Permenent insane people never accept insanity. So you are out.

Temporary ?? You have company, LOL I am one of them.

kat said...

I'm trying to get access to my CMA results at the moment. Because the page is marked as withdrawn it hasn't or won't update - Someone is helping with that.

Jac - I think I need a bit of a holiday. :-)

bluefluff said...

Hope you've reached a decision you feel comfortable with :-)

Anonymous said...

I like zee nifty corners and zee rainbow :)

maybe try a different colour for the blogger navbar?

kat said...

Bluefluff - Not definitely but someone is ringing me back later.

The problem(s):
1. My son has complained that the house is always full of books, files and folders and that I think more of them than I do of him. Not true of course and the folders are mostly work related rather than study related but even so I think I need to spend some time with him at Easter. Some days out for instance. He is growing up fast.
2. I have a friend whose time is limited. She will be getting a break from the chemo and there are things she and I want to do. (She wants to blog and get herself set up with a Skype phone etc. She needs help with these things and I want to spend some time with her. If I leave it too long it will be too little and too late. )
3. My mother if off her feet and leaving everything up to my sister isn't really acceptable especially since I wouldn't have been able to work and study in the past if it wasn't for my mother.
4. I have some work related stuff to organise over Easter.
5. Although I can carry on with a bit of study over the next month I don't think I can give a high priority to it or to the assignments. Doing enough to pass seems a waste of a good course. I've done this in the past when times have been difficult but I find it stressful and the guilt and the regrets live on. If you don't do the course properly you don't get the benefits of it.
6) There are some things I want to do besides the official study.

Decision made - I start again on the 24th April.

kat said...

Thank you Michiel, and thanks very much for your help.

I'll look at the nav bar later.

bluefluff said...

It sounds like you've made the right decision, for all the right reasons & then some! :-)

Anonymous said...

All I can offer you is a big silly online *hug*!

But I do agree with bluefluff - chocolate does help!

Katinka said...

I admire your perserverance!! Hang in there...