Wednesday, October 19, 2005

One of these days........

I will succeed in my intention of staying still in a meeting room full of people and saying absolutely nothing. That's it! - Nothing at all. Not even when I hear a general view and consensus developing which I feel is so wrong, out of touch and against all my own feelings, thoughts and principles. Nothing, Nowt.

When that day arrives they will probably be playing organ music and drawing a curtain.

8 comments:

bluefluff said...

I was glad to scroll down & read the punchline, Kat :-)

I was mentally composing a response as I read, along the lines of "Why? Why plan to censor yourself, if you know what you have to say is right?"

There are times when speaking out is the only right thing to do.

kat said...

I have just realised that whenever I plan not to say anything, it is precisely because I am going to say something and that I already know exactly what I am going to say. :-)

(Unplanned speeches and arguments seem to be unconsciously planned and prepared many moons in advance. Can you follow that?
:-)) )

ScaryCheri said...

Hah! What good is a mind if it can't be spoken?!? :)

Justin Kreutzmann said...

dare to dream...dream to speak.

kat said...

LOL, squid - but I didn't think they were idiots - they were just losing the plot. :-) ( In my opinion anyway)

Echomouse said...

I'm with you. I've witnessed others who can hold their tongue but it's become foreign to me. LOL I used to be able to do it but the older I get, the less I shut up.

I have a feeling that when you do speak up, it's worth hearing at least :)

Phil said...

It's hard to stay quiet when you're on a train that is ready to crash! At least that's how I feel at some meetings I've been in.
You should bring your saucepan.

kat said...

Yes Phil - the saucepan. :-))

Your wife's efficiency with a saucepan is something to envy. Take care.