Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Decisions, decisions

I have just found an email in my inbox offering me what appears to be a permanent job. There is no doubt that it is genuine but I am hoping it isn’t or doesn’t need to be a full time post.  I had just got used to the fact that I was sort of freelance. Nobody in their right mind would turn this job down without a lot of thought because it offers security and many other benefits. My problem arises from the fact that I have a number of part time contracts, which I don’t want to give up. Most have been renewed time after time so I was sort of looking at them as semi -permanent anyway – As far as anything can be permanent or semi-permanent, that is.  I will need to find out a lot more about the job offer before I can make any decisions but what a quandary. Here I am in the position of having to re-think my life all over again. I don’t understand how the position has come about. As far as I know, no one has left the place and the job isn’t advertised. It is especially awkward because I have a number of other things in the pipeline. Why does everything come as once? I know I should be grateful but life decisions are very difficult and no sooner have I made one when something else crops up.

No comments: