Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The last post was a load of crap. Nothing offers security and security is not what I am looking for.

9 comments:

pal said...

Load of crap or not sometimes just writing about it helps to get things in perspective .......

Are you are up early worrying? I'm up early cos the old chap is catching a train to London!

kat said...

Pal, I wasn't up early. I was just about to go to bed! :-)

kat said...

GW

Group 4! No I couldn't work for them. I don't like the uniform.
:-)

Echomouse said...

I read back and have to agree with you. Security doesn't really exist anymore, not without serious sacrifices and demands.

If I were in your position, on my way to getting established with regular work as a freelancer, I'd never let that go. I know people who accepted permanent offers with an employer just as their own business was taking off. A few years later, they're laid off or fired, often just due to poor management of money by the company that hired them.

It's hard to get established as an entrepreneur but it sounds like you're on your way there. I hope you stick with it. :)

pal said...

Hope you had a good sleep then and that everything is clearer now.

When I wake up tomorrow I'm hoping that my broadband will be back on - going back to flaky dial up is seriously bad for my health!

kat said...

EchoMouse, Pal

I have got more work than I wanted and some of it I couldn't possibly give up. So that is my answer - I am happy as I am. Another 3 more small contracts this morning take me right up to April 2006. No worries. :-)

Pal - re the broadband. When I went round to the shop yesterday I saw a man with a van and some tools heading towards the little green box at the end of our road. The little green box and the hole in the path beneath it are very important to many of the people in my street and if I hadn't stopped and asked if he was about to distrub our connection, I would have had to answer to people. :-) Last time someone touched it we lost the internet for 5 days. I hope you get your broadband back very soon.

pal said...

Thanks. I think I'm back, but I'm still at the finger crossing stage. I've been on the phone a lot this morning to my ISP and hopefully they've sorted me out without having to involve digging up too many roads and green boxes!

pal said...

Oh and I'm so glad you are busy and chipper again :-)

Its good to review things every so often though!

kat said...

Boilersuit and crash helmet, GW.