Saturday, September 17, 2005

Today's thoughts.











The weather has gone much cooler and the wasps in my hedge look as if they are getting ready to swarm. I am keeping all the windows and doors shut just in case they think that the inside of the house may be a good place to hibernate. A few weeks ago, I told my husband in law that there was a wasp nest in the hedge but he dismissed the idea, saying that they wouldn’t be wasps. Not in the hedge, not at this time of year and not so close to the house. The fact that I know a wasp when I see one ( or a few hundred ) didn’t seem to have any relevance so I didn’t push the point and argue with him. To cut the story short he was stung twice yesterday. I passed him a bottle of vinegar (recommended for wasp stings ) and still didn’t say much. He will live.

I plan to spend the rest of today loading maps on to the computer and learning how to use my new GPS. I also have loads of email and blog reading to catch up on.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Kat,
I guess the wasps ended that discussion. Have fun with the GPS.

kat said...

Yeah - they are definitely wasps. I think I have got the idea re the GPS. I have plotted a route and plan to go walking with my sister tomorrow.