Thursday, September 29, 2005
Running round in circles
I hate to arrive late for appointments and usually set off in good time, allowing for traffic hold ups, getting lost, mishaps etc. This week has been very busy and because I knew it was going to be this way, I got myself very organized – So I thought. Yesterday I was supposed to be on day one of a short course. I had to journey some miles down the motorway so I went with a full hour to spare thinking that I would be able to get on with a bit of work in one of the staff rooms and even have time to sit about in the lounge with a coffee. I arrived at reception and asked which room the course was to be held in. Everyone went a bit quiet and I had my suspicions that there was something wrong. Yes! There was definitely something wrong. The course was being held 35 miles back down the motorway. I raced back out to the car park, set the GPS as best I could, (I didn’t have a full address or any directions) and put my foot to the metal. I would have arrived on time if it were not for the fact that on arrival in Lancaster I got caught up in the one-way system and had no idea what I was looking for. I also had difficulty in parking. I was 20 minutes late but it didn’t really matter because no one was upset by it and I didn’t miss much. Except that it does matter…. I hate being late especially when it is due to incompetence…my own! I turned up early today and got a parking space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Punctuality is good!
My daughter used to go to school by train each day, just a 15 min. journey. Rather than be late she would get to the station nearly in time to catch the train before hers was due!
Married and with two children now she is more laid back, but the morning routine in her house to get everyone out of the house on time in the morning is one of the seven wonders of the world :-))
I think I was at my my puncutal in life when I didn't wear a watch. Overcompensation, perhaps.
You poor thing. Sounds like you just had a run of bad luck.
I hate being late for things too, so I know how you must have felt.
No it wasn't bad luck Colleen. I really should have double checked the venue.
I hate being late too. Glad you found your way though. Boy, that GPS really comes in handy eh?!
Post a Comment