Saturday, September 10, 2005

Strange Week

Bit of a strange week. My son started his new school on Monday, but it is a boarding school and I felt anxious about it all week. I didn’t half miss him and it felt very strange at home. Please don’t make any judgments re me sending a 12 year old off to boarding school. It happens to be the only school which can meet his educational needs at the moment. He is home now and he will be coming home every weekend so it won’t be too bad. He comes home Friday afternoon and goes back Monday morning. All the holidays will be spent at home as well, of course. I thought I would get a lot done during week but it didn’t happen.

11 comments:

pal said...

Weekends will be quality time for you both. :-)

You've both got to settle into it - and when you do you might get a bit more done!!

Is the timing right on your post? I'm seeing 4.26 ...... I hope that is not insomnia from worry and that you are just a plain night owl!

Echomouse said...

It sounds like a good setup to me :) As pal said, the weekends will be even better for both of you.

kat said...

4.26?? I see 12.26

kat said...

He has gone out with his mates and he won't come walking with me tomorrow either. I'll ask him again later.

pal said...

12.26 in the main Blog, go into comments and in 'Show Original Post' it is 4.26 AM Maybe its American time or something?

kat said...

Oh yes! I'll see if I can do anything about that. What are you doing up at ten to six?

Nogbad said...

I wouldn't worry about people making judgements Kat. The ones who rush to judge really should remember that you are making the best decisions available to you and that we should all walk a mile in someone's shoes before we try judging them.

I'm sure it'll work out :-)

pal said...

Ten to six - wide awake, bright as a button! Probably because I fell asleep in front of the TV around 9.00 and had well over my 7 hours :-)

kat said...

Nogbad - I am sure it will work out too. I made the decision ( and pushed for it ) for all the best reasons. Strange how when you make the right decision everything else so quickly falls into place.

Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

May daughter went to boarding school for the same reasons, on a scholarship, kat. She wasn't allowed visitors for the first six weeks and then exeats seemed very few.
It was heart breaking for the first few months. I didn't wash her bedclothes when she first left and would steal into her bedroom and sniff her pillow and shed a tear. Once she HAD gone back to school I would still leave an article of clothing unwashed so there was something of her at home. Victoria had been at a comprehensive school and was launched into a school which had over 600 boys and about 5 girls but the girl dun good and appreciates the education she was lucky enough to have.

kat said...

I tried to sneak into my son's bedroom Pyknyk, but an alarm went off. He'd wired up the door. I also found a strange piece of equipment in the kitchen. A remote temperature transmitter. I don't know where it is transmitting to.