The pictures below are not brilliant. It was a hot but hazy day.
Towards Glaramara.

Quite a tough climb but just this last bit to do now.

Some of us made it. :-) I am the person in the white T-shirt. Why am I not wearing shorts? - Because I don't like to get my legs ripped open on the rocks.

View from the top.

13 comments:
Incredible view!
Wow, fantastic! That is quite a vertical climb. How long did it take you to summit and what was the final altitude?
It looks like a rain forest, I didn't know England had places that look like that.
The photos are lovely. What a climb!
phil and morning-loves it.
It is worth the effect of climbing these things just for the view. It was a good day out.
Wendy. It is 2,500 ft above sea level. It took about 3 hours which is longer than usual. It was hard work because it was a very hot day even though it was hazy. The climb is fairly steep but the vertical bit only came at the end. I am a walker not a rock climber but sometimes you have to do a bit of scrambling.
The highest mountain in the Lake District, Scafell, which is also the hightest mountain in England is just over 3,000. Ben Nevis in Scotland is just over 4,000. I have climbed both of these.
wow. I'm quite impressed!
Beautiful Pictures! :)
Amazing, wonderful. Never heard of Glaramara before - have now though!
We are lucky in Britain having such a wide variety of landscapes.
Think I'll stick to the gym and gardening though for exercise - that rock climbing looks seriously scarey!
that is a pretty good hike. Our altitude where I live is 4280. When we go up to Ruidoso and hike it's over 8500, that is when walking becomes hurty. You feel like a fish out of water, you're breathing more but getting less oxygen. I've had altitude sickness up there before, puking, migraine. It doesn't happen often though.
I suppose if you are at sea level and go up, it becomes hurty too.
Wendy. I have never suffered from altitude sickness. Our fells are not high enough. Some people have complained on the Scottish mountains but it is rare.
Most of our walks start from sea level.
Kat, I've done some climbing, but not in many years. I've hiked Mount Washington, New Hampshire two times and bicycled up it once (6233 feet) It's the only tundra zone in the north east US. Plus the highest wind speed recorded on earth was on top of there (231 mph). I almost got hypothermia. I should not have dropped acid on the way up.
But what have I done lately....not enough
Phil, that is one hell of a wind. I have walked in snow, ice, hail, rain but the wind is the worst of all because you are so exposed on the tops. It can be scary. Once we got caught up in a freaky gust very near the top of a fell. We couldn't stand up. Every time I tried the wind picked me up and carried me with it. It was a cross wind. We had to lie on the ground holding on to whatever we could. We were there for about 15 minutes. I never want to be in that position again.
I admire people who can cycle up hill. I once tried to train for a triathlon but struggled with the cycling. I found it easier to pick the bike up an run up the hills with it in my arms. I am not a strong swimmer either so the triathlon wasn't a good idea at all.
Gorgeous spot!! You're a woman after my own heart. I used to love hikes like that.
Good on ya for wearing pants. Definitely the smart way to go. And Congratulations on making it to the top!! :)
Hi EchoMouse
I enjoy hiking but I need to keep to a more regular routine. I am a bit stiff today and it isn't just my legs - I can feel every muscle in my arms. Not too bad though.
:-)
Post a Comment