I thought I would find something lighthearted but ended up signing up for a free short course. Nothing heavy though. I picked Energy, Diet and Weight out of this list. It was quite an interesting read but it put me right off the Atkins Diet, which is a shame because I managed to lose 35 lbs this year on the Atkins Diet. I didn't cut carbohydrates too low though. I think it is a matter of being sensible. There are some carbs I can easily live without - Bread for one.
One problem with losing weight is that you end up with less cushioning fat. I am going to have to get a padded chair, cos every time I sit on this one too long my bum gets sore - The bones seem to stick through it.

8 comments:
Cool, maybe I'll take a free course. :)
The only true way to lose weight and stay healthy is portion and exercise. I don't think I could do the low carb thing...meat is not my favorite food group.
I have been eating fish, turkey and chicken and the odd steak, with plenty of salad stuff. I have also made lots of stir fry meals. I have avoided processed foods almost completely. Trouble with that, is that I have had to learn how to cook.
35lbs. Congratulations!
I'm struggling, but have lost 8lbs now, its a very slow process. I find portion control the hardest thing, every so often I get a low fat ready meal from Waitrose to remind me what should be on my plate! I'm back at the gym now at least 3 times a week and I'm not having carbs in the evening. No wonder I'm falling asleep in front of the TV!!
That weight loss is impressive, Kat :-)
I've shed a stone since Easter (including two holidays where I put some back on!)& am aiming for the same again by Xmas. No special diet - just cutting out all snacks & doing a bit more walking. Not quite ready for climbing big hills yet, though!
Another problem with losing weight - empty skin :-(
Bluefluff - The weight had piled on fairly quickly so I didn't find it too difficult to shift once I got started. Well done for getting rid of the stone. It makes a lot of difference. Walking is a great idea and if you get out into the country it is very enjoyable. You don't have to climb fells or mountains. My sister has agreed to come walking with me but she is only interested in the flat and maybe one or two little hills.
Empty skin :-) It will go if you tone up.
Pal - One way to control portions is to buy a little dish and eat all your meals from it. If it won't fit in the dish you can't have it. :-) Keep up with the gym. I used to go regularly but it is not so convenient now. I must try to get back into it though.
Empty skin ......... horror! Mental note to self to investigate surgeons knife - tummy tucks to go on a list that would include face lift, eye lift (my mums just had one). I couldn't do liposuction though having seen on tv how rough they are hoovering out the fat. Oh yuk!
Small dish is a good idea, although I'd probably catch myself cheating with that eventually by building 'towers'!
An awful lot of Blogs I looked at over the weekend seemed to contain references to chocolate. I drooled but did not succumb!
I found some low carb Belgium chocolate ice cream at Tesco. I succumbed. :-) It is delicious.
Post a Comment