Saturday, January 07, 2006

Why I bother to live - Todays gem - Learning Theory as it Applies to Blogs


Ramblings - You may wish to skip this post.

I like to find things - Interesting things. I don't know what I am looking for until I've found it. It could be anything at all. A piece of text, an idea, a picture, a new program to download, a whole new way of life or simply something new to do. I do not set out to find anything in particular. I just set out to look. I'm sure I am not alone in this.

This has to happen every day otherwise it's a day not worth living. It doesn't have to be connected to or found on the web. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't but the web is a very good place to look and blogs can be particularly good places. It could never be a case of someone handing me something interesting . I have to be able to connect to it and find something else before the thing can become interesting, otherwise it is their thing and not mine. I have to find it myself, come across it, play with it or follow some leads. Personalise it, if you will. Are you still with me? :-)) Or have I lost my audience. I bet you wish you hadn't found this!

Anyway, to get on with the story today's gem is this piece. You may be able to connect to it in some away but then again you may not.

It actually helps with something I was supposed to be doing but if I had purposefully set out to look for suitable material I am 90% sure I wouldn't have actually come across this piece. It was an accident. There's not a lot in it that I haven't heard already but it ties some things up in my head and I enjoyed reading it. That's good enough isn't it?

Right! Ill get on with what I was supposed to be doing. Oh it's tomorrow now - I'll have to find something else.

6 comments:

jac said...

That was exemplary information, thanks for sharing

b o o said...

thats a great site, thanks for sharing Kat. u mean you're not really into me :p oh ok.

wv: bhpzxxewhbu (i swear its out to get me)

kat said...

Hi Boo

The verificatin words are becoming too much aren't they? I think I will turn it off later and see if we can manage without them.

kat said...

Boo - I like all blogs especially yours. :-)

The guy starts off by saying "One formula (of many) for a successful blog"

bluefluff said...

Thanks for that, Kat - too tired to read it now, but it's bookmarked for tomorrow :-)

Echomouse said...

Kat, that was f'ing brilliant!!! LOL Seriously great post and thanks for sharing that link.

Funny, I've been thinking I need to retrieve my former writing skills to appear more readable..or something. According to that, I can keep writing conversationally. Might still need to improve a bit but not nearly as much as I thought! LOL :)