Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sigh

I'm supposed to be doing an assignment today but a couple of books I want to rely on have been delayed and haven't arrived from Amazon. I've got the email today saying they have been despatched and with a bit of luck I should get them in the morning. Looks like I will be doing the reading and the rest of the assignment over the weekend and beyond. Sigh.

Most people go to a library when they want books but I usually find it easier to buy them online and have them delivered to the door. I haven't really got all this money to burn but what the heck, I like collecting books. We haven't got a suitable library in Kirkham. We have got a small library which is excellent for children but not very good at all for study purposes. I could go into Preston but the journey and the parking is horrendous. I don't know, it's a hard life. Good job we've got the Internet otherwise we wouldn't be able to study at all in Kirkham. We can't go swimming in Kirkham either but that's another story.

7 comments:

~A4O~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Kirkham rang a bell with me and when I scrolled down to the previous post and saw it is near Blackpool, I realised that I must have travelled through it many times since we used to holiday in Poulton le Fylde at my granny's when I was a a kiddie. Is there a stream there, in which children paddle?
Also, when I read it, I heard it in my head with the rolling 'r' of the Lancashire accent!

kat said...

No streams in Kirkham, Pyknyk. Not in the centre of town anyway. Lots of pubs but no streams. :-)

We did have a swimming pool at one time. :-)

Rob said...

Is "The Scribe" spam? Looks like it.
Get the train to Preston, and go to the harris, which has a pleasant upstairs area for study.

kat said...

Rob - I do like the Harris and used to go in there a lot when I worked in Preston but going in on the train, just to visit the library, is also a faff. It would be alright if I had a day to spare but I can't go in and out of town and visit a library within a couple of hours. I could but I don't think much of rushing in and out of libraries. Might try visiting next Thursday though.

Echomouse said...

I agree with you that's it much easier and more fun to buy books. But I ended up running out of room so I only buy when I'm absolutely sure I want a book for life. I need a separate house for all the books I'd like to own!

I hope things cheer up soon. Between the sad event of the baths closing and Amazon being late, you deserve a nice break. Or at least a wonderfully relaxing weekend :) Hang in there.

b o o said...

i goto the library & if i liked a book i buy it on amazon & if i loved it i buy several copies to giveaway to my family & friends.