
That was the description someone gave me in an email this morning but when I went to www.flypentop.com I found that the company themselves describe it as a pentop computer.
I am also informed that this little device is taking the American Education system by storm. Is this true? I am sure there must be more to the American Education system than this little pen.
Go to www.flypentop.com yourself and have a play. It's good fun. Whatever you do though, don't let your curiosity completely get the better of you. Downloading and installing the Fly Desktop is not a good idea. Trust me.
Epic - an e-learning company have this to say.
18 comments:
imma gonna get addicted to playing with this. its all your fault :)
Quite the pen. I have the genious pen that I used to enjoy drawing on the computer with. But can`t get it to work with XP, guess not compatable. I searched on line to see if they had an update to work with XP, but no luck so far. I do miss playing with it.
Now, this new pen sure can do a lot. Sounds promising. Hadn`t seen it before. Thanks for posting about it. have a great day ( orNight, since it is noon time here. Guess I should stop and find something to eat. All the best to you ( and Walker). thanks for dropping by my blog.
That's fun, Kat! Go on, then - what happens if you download the desktop? I mean, does it take over your life, or just mess up the computer?
It takes over the computer and unless you want to play with the pen for the rest of your life uninstall is the only option.
Dot. Is the xp driver on this page suitable for your pen?
I'm not sure whether it's the same pen but I found the drivers on the Genius Website at www.geniusnet.com
Hmmm... very interesting pen. Fun too!
If you lived here in the United States you would know how pathetic our school systems really are.. haha.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!
Boo - I bet you are getting bored with it by now. :-)
Colleen - Fun for a while but I don't think you can blog with it so I'll leave it be for the time being.
Thanks for looking Kat. But this genious one doesn`t use the mouse. It has a small slate to draw on and uses a stylis pen to draw or write with. the pen even has it`s own holder to stand it up in. I first used it with windows 95, then 98, then Me and now have XP and I wish I could still use it.
Thanks a lot for trying to find it. I do appreciate it. I did download an update once, but it wouldn`t work.
Treat yourself to a new USB graphic tablet and pen if you can Dot. You should be able to get one reasonably priced if you shop around. There are some on this page but unfortunately it is a UK site.
That just freaks me out. I'm beginning to worry where we'll be with technology in the next 10 years! I can barely keep up now.
Don't worry Echomouse. You're on top of things. :-)
i am allergic to pens, and hens and triangles
If whilst on the move, you could write out and send email and also post blog entries , do you think you would use it?
Kids could send in their homework electronically without the need of an expensive computer. The pen could even be programmed with an angry teacher alarm if the homework wasn't sent in by a certain time. :-)
Hmmm...I'm not a techie, and I am feeling a bit confused. Do you write with the pen on some kind of computer slate?
With this type of pen Paula, you write on special paper which contains a mesh of dots. (The nib of the pen contains a camera.)The pen itself is a scanner / computer. It isn't one of the graphic pens where you draw or write on a tablet connected to the USB port of a computer. It isn't like the stylus of an handheld or Tablet PC either.
Handwriting rather than typing seems the way that some of the technology is going. I have a Tablet PC. It looks and works like a laptop until you twist the screen round and lay it flat over the keyboard. I can then use its pen (stylus) to handwrite or draw on the screen. The handwriting can be turned to text or saved in the handwritten form. The small handheld computers (PDAs) also use word recognition but again they have a stylus ( just a blunt instrument ) rather than a pen and they don't have cameras in them.
I hope this makes some sense.
But I suppose the paper will become cheaper as more and more people use it. It will be mass produced with steeper competition I expect.
A big difficult lugging a photocopier around.
We used to have some blue stuff called carbon paper. D'yer remember it. :-))))
I think that one should be used with care.
It may hijack your life, Kat!!!
If I am yooooooooooo, I will boooooooooooo it.
Post a Comment