I got up this afternoon just in time to see the end of 'The Railway Children'. ( I'd been up half the night playing with
I don't watch TV as a rule and often wonder if I am missing out or not keeping up to date in some way. I need not have worried - Casablanca was on and although I've seen it so many times I sat through it again. It isn't a film you can switch off that easily is it? :-)
I've just had a quick look back at the BBC website re the Queen's Speech. I see that ID cards were mentioned. These things were bound to happen - There was never any doubt about that in my mind but what a waste of money and a load of rubbish they are. They will happen because people want them but once I've got my card, what is to stop me becoming a terrorist? We could almost end up with authorised terrorism. Waltz in anywhere with your I.D card and then blow people up! The Queen and her Government do not inspire me one little bit.
1 comment:
This is the first year that we missed the Queen's message. I think we heard about it later in bits. One Canadian news source said it was interesting that she did not mention Camilla ... or Charles wedding. That made me laugh :)
Recently, I read that Princess Di's portrait has been removed. I can't believe they would try to remove her from their history but it looks like that might be happening.
Post a Comment