Sunday, June 18, 2006

Thicko visits PC World


Yesterday, I went to PC World. I don't visit often but I was in the vicinity and needed a 4 port USB hub. Normally I keep well away from the salespeople but yesterday was different. It was different because I was tired and hot and just wanted to pick up the hub and be on my way.

"Can I help you?"

Me - "Yes, can you point me in the direction of the USB hubs"

Him - "Follow me, I'll show you what they look like"

He plucks one straight off the rack and says, "There, this will be fine".

Me - "Eh, it says 1.1 the others say 2"

Him - " Don't worry about it. It is only a speed issue and it won't affect you."


Now I know that I am a thick looking, middle aged, nicotine blonde but I do know what a USB hub looks like, and I know what I want.

4 comments:

Inner Fonzie said...

I hate how the people in computer stores act like idiots to men and pompous asses to women.

I also hate how it takes a PhD in Cryptography to make out the blogger word verification code.

jac said...

"I am a thick looking, middle aged, nicotine blonde"


Is that you kat ?

kat said...

Fonzie - Yes I know the verifiction codes are a nuisance and they do seem to be getting longer but without them I get so much spam.

Jac - Yes, I'm middle aged and a bit thick. :-)

Phil said...

I hate dealing with the people in stores or what's even worse, is tech support on the phone. I'm very suspect when they tell me what to do.
PS: I turned off word verification months ago and never get spam any more. I think it was a phase that seems to be over.
Or maybe I'm not worth spamming?