In most of his pictures he has made the same mistake as most of us, which is to put the object in the middle of the frame. We are supposed to follow the rule of thirds.
great pictures. If you told him about putting the object off center, I bet he does with the next pictures, but I think these are great.how old is your son?
Dot -He is 12 and fully capable of using a camera but he is using a very old one (given to him by a grandparent) which he has to adjust and focus.( I don't think it is that easy to get the hang of). He also has to go to the trouble of buying film and having it developed. We have a few digital cameras in the house - He has one of his own but he wants to use the old camera for some reason. Yes, I have reminded him about the thirds rule.
Pal - Christmas presents? No. He is making a calendar and writing a book with a view to selling them to every member of the family. :-) He is trying to build up his savings account.
They are pretty good. Sharp and good color and exposure. You alreday mentioned the rule of thirds. If htis is how he does at 12, I'm sure he's going to an old pro in his teens :)
14 comments:
I think they look awesome! I'm no pro but to me, he has a great eye for context and framing. Great job!
The photo in your post makes me think of Hagrid's house in Harry Potter :) And the Yacht photo is one to enlarge and frame. That's a gorgeous shot.
Great pics!! *I give a round of applause*
I agree with Echo Mouse, the yacht picture should be framed!
In most of his pictures he has made the same mistake as most of us, which is to put the object in the middle of the frame. We are supposed to follow the rule of thirds.
Well done Luke. He must be really pleased with them. Has he got the can't stop taking photos bug now?
He wants to make a calendar, Pal.
Echomouse. It is funny you should say that. The photo was taken at my dad's - He looks a bit like Hagrid. :-)
great pictures. If you told him about putting the object off center, I bet he does with the next pictures, but I think these are great.how old is your son?
Dot -He is 12 and fully capable of using a camera but he is using a very old one (given to him by a grandparent) which he has to adjust and focus.( I don't think it is that easy to get the hang of). He also has to go to the trouble of buying film and having it developed. We have a few digital cameras in the house - He has one of his own but he wants to use the old camera for some reason. Yes, I have reminded him about the thirds rule.
A calendar, what a lovely idea. That's his Crimble pressies sorted then :-)
Proof that I don't know what I'm talking about....the rule of thirds is news to me. LOL
I still think he did a great job. I'm off to read the stuff you linked. Thank you for that!
Pal - Christmas presents? No. He is making a calendar and writing a book with a view to selling them to every member of the family. :-)
He is trying to build up his savings account.
Ah! An entrepreneur. And so young - he'll go far :-)
They are pretty good. Sharp and good color and exposure. You alreday mentioned the rule of thirds. If htis is how he does at 12, I'm sure he's going to an old pro in his teens :)
Trees is (are?) great - it's tricky to get the exposure right on that sort of shot.
the yacht one is beautiful! He has talent.
Post a Comment