Thursday, June 01, 2006
Competition for the most frustrating piece of equipment.
I would like to nominate the hole punch. I've broken 3 of them over the course of the day and although it seems a very trivial matter, I've found it all too much and very annoying. I have better and more important things to do than fight with a hole punch. Why, for heaven's sake, can't I buy pre-punched printer paper? Someone must sell it, surely.
I did own a good industrial strength hole punch but dropped it, this morning, and didn't realise that it was buckled. It held on tight to my batch of papers and I had to get a hammer and chisel to force it to part company with them.
The next hole punch was only prepared to punch one or two papers at a time and when I took the risk of putting 6 pieces in it, it fell apart and spewed tons of little white dots all over my carpet. Some of them landed in my coffee.
The third hole punch is sitting in the bin - still holding on to its batch of papers - It can keep them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
hole punch anger :p aww {{kat}} try a hammer & screwdriver?
Boo - I feel better now I've had a little rant.
I gonna find some pre-punched paper - It's essential to my wellbeing. :-)
Oh, I hate hole punchers!! Grrrrr. Especially the hole puncher that sink their teeth into your work and then aren’t prepared to let go again. Grrrrrr!
Pre-punched paper is great, love that! :)
good grief. How frustrating! I hate days like that.
not my piece of cake.
:)
I'm quite sure you can find prepunched paper. When I worked as a printer (many years ago) they had these big drill presses that could go though 1000 sheets of paper at a time. I'm glad I don't work there anymore...
Yep, I know I've seen the prepunched paper type before. It's got to be found somewhere I would think.
I always found that when I needed it to work, it helped if I emptied it's cache of paper holes first. And not stuff too many papers in at once to punch. But you know, inevitably, even doing that I would suffer stuck papers sometimes. Somebody ought to invent something better. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.
Phil - that sounds like a hell of a hole punch but I don't think my requirements are as high as 1000 sheets per time. :-)
Echomouse - We have computers and shouldn't need all this paper and hole punches. Part of my job is to prove that I use technology in my work - How do they want me to prove that? - By providing paper evidence. Barmy.
Yep you have a good point there Kat. I wonder why too, now that you said that.
Geeks do it electronically.
Paper is for the birds.
oh, wait ;)
Post a Comment