
I've got horrid flat wide feet and when I stand barefoot on the floor they seem to splay out all over the place. I look like a duck. It is difficult to buy shoes which fit and consequently I live for the most part in sandals. Yes, even in the winter. I buy socks to match the sandals and wear a long skirt hoping that no-one will notice. I have walking boots but couldn't possibly go to work in them. :-) I have snazzy sandals for the evening but as I don't go out much I don't get a lot of wear out of them. How sad is that?
The problem with wearing sandals ( and I am not bothered about the cold, the snow or the rain ) is that your feet never get used to shoes and the problem gets worse. My day sandals are shot at, so last night I took a look at all the shoes in my wardrobe and found a pair I bought some months ago. I remembered that they were torture. These shoes are a wide fitting and cost me nearly £70 but boy did my feet bleed. I thought and thought and thought. Finally, I filled up the sink with piping hot water and plunged the 70 quid shoes into it. I left them there all night. This morning I took them out and put them straight on my feet. I walked up and down the kitchen a few times. Splish, splash, splosh, bubble, bubble, squelch. After mopping up the floor I went to work in the wet shoes. Magic! They now fit. In fact, they fit so well they feel like a pair of comfy flippers.
13 comments:
Let us know how you get on - is that with or without socks/tights you're wearing the personalised hot-moulded shoes?
(another all-seasons sandal-wearer)
Kat
Is that a fact?
I wana try that trick on my heavy safety boots which gives me hell at times.
:0
I have flat feet too and foot surgery for bunions complicated things even further. So I do the same as you. It's hell finding comfy shoes and boots.
I'm glad you had success with your water treatment :)
'splish, splash, splosh, bubble, bubble, squelch'
lol :) enjoy :)
I did the same thing years ago with some boots I got from the Army and Navy Stores. It did the trick.
I put pop socks on with them, Bluefluff.
Disclaimer - If any of you decide to try the same thing, you do so at your own risk. I don't want to be involved in any court actions re soggy ruined shoes. :-))Mine have died out and fit a treat but there is no guarantee that yours will do the same.
PS. It does work though
Genius Kat. Was I supposed to giggle as much as I did when I read 'Yeah! Me shoes fit!' ?
i wear jet boots
i never take them off
Feel free to giggle all you like, Morning :-)
Jet boots! Fatrobot? I wouldn't mind some of those.
I have trouble wearing sandles or shoes after cutting across the instep so deep years ago. Healed with thick scar tissue. So, I live in sport walking shoes. Have comfy reeboks on right now.
Never thought of using hot water, but might not work on som shoes as some are glued. i own a shoe stretcher.
Wow. I'm glad this worked... amazing! I have feet like yours too.
What an ingenious idea. Do your feet not pong a bit after all that wetness. If I get mine wet like that they are really not pleasant.
Sweaty feet! Me! I don't have sweaty, stinky feet. :-)
from footcaredirect.com
DID YOU KNOW...
There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in each pair of feet that release nearly a cup of moisture every day?
Kat,
Thanks for that, I think I am blessed with over a million juding by the power of my trainers.
Post a Comment