Monday, February 06, 2006

Bad Day

My mum's just phoned to say she has cancer. I think she will be okay though because they are going to operate almost immediately. At least they think they are. They need to do some further tests tomorrow.

My friend has cancer too but that is an entirely different story. She was left for 4 months before they bothered to send back the results and it was all more or less too late.

13 comments:

pal said...

{{{{{{{Kat}}}}}}} Big hugs and so sorry you've had such awful news. Keep thinking positive and know that we are here for you.

Phil said...

{{{Kat}}}
Sorry to hear that about your Mum. If I may ask, what kind and what stage is it at? (you don't have to answer, just being in the cancer club I'm curious) If you want to email me, please do. The link is on my site.
x-p

kat said...

To be honest I am not worrying too much about my mum at the moment cos it doesn't sound hopeless. Looks like they may have caught it fairly early. She needs to have the additional tests though. Bit low on info. at the moment.

Phil - Thanks

Nogbad said...

kat - I hope it all works out for the best

DCK said...

Hey Kat, sorry to hear about you're mum. I do hope everything works out well for her. Stay positive.

bluefluff said...

Vibing for you both (((Kat)))

Dakota said...

{{Kat}} Sorry to read about your Mum!
I hope everything works out well for her.

b o o said...

aww {{{{kat}}}} my best wishes

Ladybug said...

sorry to hear about your mom. hopefully they caught it early. i know how distressing it is to find out news like that, i have lost many loved ones to cancer. hope it all works out for you and your family.

dot said...

Kat, I'm sorry to hear this news!

I hope that your Mum will be okay.

Echomouse said...

Oh dear Kat I am so sorry {{{HUGGG}}}

I'm glad to see in comments that you're not worried about your Mom. So glad they caught it early.

About your friend, I can only imagine.

I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and send positivity your way.

What's that saying about grabbing an imaginary knot in a rope and holding on? Do that.

kat said...

Thanks everyone. We will know more by the end of next week. I am not fearing the worst because the hospital say that providing it hasn't spread they can and will operate. My mum obviously isn't feeling too good at the moment so next week needs to hurry itself up a little.

Pykspeeks Rides Again said...

Positive thoughts winging your way! Been there, still here!