Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tagged






Tagged by Jessie


Instructions:Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so

1) Kiss My Mike
2) Ultimate Writer
3) MikeChau
4) Jessie Griffith
5) Kat


Next select five people to tag:

I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to do this please add your name to the list.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Battling with a 2 year old.


Five snacks you enjoy:
Chocolate in 5 different varieties.


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

These are the lyrics which have got in my head and stayed there.

No introduction necessary

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine theres no countries,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possessions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say i'm a dreamer,
but i'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.


Ronan Keating.

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you could light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Try as they may, they could never define
What's being said between your heart and mine

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me where ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all


Buddy Holly

Well the little things you say and do
Make me want to be with you
Rave on it's a crazy feelin and
I know its got me reelin
When you say, I love you
Rave on

The way you dance and hold me tight
The way you kiss and say goodnight
Rave on it's a crazy feelin and
I know its got me reelin
When you say, I love you
Rave on

Well rave on
Its a crazy feelin
and I know
Its got me reelin
i'm so glad
That you're revealin your love for me



I probably know many of Meatloaf's lyrics and of course American Pie, Vincent and Bridge Over Troubled Water. Did anyone ever consciously try to learn the words to American Pie or did they sneak up on you too?


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

I don't do the lottery and have very little idea of what I would do with a million pound.

Five bad habits:

Only five?

Five things you like doing:
Spending time with my child.
Walking
Learning
Blogging
Working


Five things you would never wear again:
Tights
Shoes which cripple me
Bikini
Mini skirt
Shiny emerald green hotpants.


Five favorite toys:
Computer
PDA
Camera
PC Tablet
eTrek

7 comments:

Rob said...

Hmmm....Multi-millionaire sings about the virtues of having no possessions...
This is a man who had a whole room dedicated to storing fur coats...

kat said...

:-) Yes! I know Rob, but I think millionaires are in a position to know or discover that it isn't the possessions which are important. There are one or two I wouldn't want to be without though.

I didn't know about the fur coats!

I'm not a massive John Lennon fan but I do know and like those lyrics.

Rob said...

I was, like everyone else, a great Beatles fan as a youth. In my old age, though, I can't help feeling that JL is vastly overrated. I doubt he'd be so revered if he hadn't made that classic career move in 1980... I know that sounds really harsh, but as I recall at the time he was considered completely past it, and his "working class hero" stance seen as laughable. Now he's some kind of secular saint.
I suppose the sentiments of Imagine are OK, but I find the expression of them rather trite. Still, that's me. Different strokes and all that...

jac said...

Clever and hilarious.
:):):)

Ladybug said...

i had trouble narrowing down my 5 bad habits too! LOL! too many to just list five of them.
yes i did try to learn all the lyrics to american pie, the correct lyrics, as it came into debate during my teen years! had it not i'd probably be singing along with different words.

as for millionaires, did you know regis philbin, think i misspelled that!, has an entire room lined with money behind plexi glass? not talking just walls here but floor and ceiling too! i think that's just rediculous! i can think of many better ways to use that kind of money!

Echomouse said...

Cool Meme :) I always enjoy reading other's memes but mine are inevitably boring so I will skip this one.

Thanks for this though. It lets us get to know you better :)

kat said...

Well where the hell is he?