Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ribchester


Walk - 6 miles in and around Ribchester.

We called in at the Roman Museum. My son tried on the Roman helmet but I don't think he would want me to post his picture here.

Would you believe that a local man bought these Roman vases from a car boot sale in Preston? You have got to wonder how on earth they got in a car boot sale in the first place.




Roman Nit Combs




I believe this place was originally built for nuns but it appears to have been turned into flats.



I don't know anything about the history of this building but as it is new it probably hasn't got much of a history ???



We visited the Roman bath house. Someone has posted pictures at Pendle.net. ( No sense in filling up my blog with too many photos. )


awwwwwwwwww. What a softie this thing was.






7 comments:

b o o said...

questions:

1. can i see a pic of your son in the roman helmet?

2. whats a nit comb?

3. why aren't there pics of u?

4. how soft is that bootiful pony?

kat said...

Boo

1 and 3. We're shy. :-)

2. Nit combs get rid of head lice

A Brief History of Head Lice

4. I think it was a bit lonely and wanted lots of attention.

noone said...

Ohhhh great photos :) I love the softie one at the end too.

jac said...

Kat
Your answers are more hilarious.

I love that last pic.

Dakota said...

Interesting walk, great photos :)

kat said...

Carrie, Jac, Dakota - If you like pics take a look at the other Kat's photo blog. Some unusual and very beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

What nice pictures! The pony is so adorable.... and that gorgous building. Wow! :) I wish you would have posted the pic of your son.