Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Lost Purse




When I woke up this morning I realised that yesterday was worse than I thought. My purse was missing. Just as I realised the full horror of losing my cash and all my plastic cards, the mobile phone blasted out its usual tune of 'Bat out of Hell'. It was someone ringing to tell me that two teenage boys had found my purse and that everything was intact. My faith in the human race is restored.

6 comments:

Nogbad said...

That's wonderful Kat!

Ladybug said...

that's happened to me alot and only once have i gotten my things returned, in tact! we recently found someones purse in a shopping cart in a parking lot and called the person and returned it. she acted so unappreciative like she couldn't have cared less. i still don't know what to think about that!

kat said...

Nogbad, I handed the school a few quid and asked them to give it to the lads, but I saw them put in the school tin! :-) I must write to the head so the lads get the praise they deserve.

kat said...

Hi Jessie,

I've been lucky. Every time I lose my purse I get it back. I don't make a habit of losing it, but over the years I have lost it a few times. I think most people are honest. Perhaps the person you returned it to was too wound up, or wrapped up in some worries, to think of saying thank you properly. She probably thought about it later and regretted the lack of appreciation.

Phil said...

That is great news that you got it back (I must say)

Echomouse said...

Thank heaven for good samaritans!!!

Your cell phone plays Bat out of Hell?? LOL Too great. :)