Thursday, November 08, 2007

Photography Day

Lancaster University ran a whole day of photography courses last Friday. I went along and enjoyed it very much. There were two sessions in the morning: one on portfolios and the other on digital cameras. The afternoon sessions were both concerned with digital editing.

My only teeny-weeny irk with the day was over the silence that fell when we were asked to produce photographs for critique. Nobody had brought any along. I was sat there thinking how ridiculous this was. Someone in the room must have brought some! I soon realized that that person was me - the sacrificial lamb. Funnily enough, after they had finished with my snapshots, some of the other people in the room realized that they had brought some too. Where did they conjure them up from? :-)

It was nice meeting other people in more or less the same position and with the same interests and I now have more contacts. It was also nice to take a whole day out for myself. I am going to do this sort of thing more often.

This afternoon, my niece asked me to go round and take a photo of her baby. Unfortunately, there was very little light for me to work in and these two couldn't hold themselves steady:


I'll have to go back with some floodlights and a shutter speed of 8000. :-) The baby was fidgeting all over the place. I think he was looking for his dinner - wrong parent.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for braving the masses, I mean classes :o)

jac said...

woooooo!
What ever you say, the pic looks lovely to me. You got it right, kat

Buggles Balham High Road said...

Your photo of your niece's baby is beautiful Kat. And if that is the Father - than so is he.

kat said...

Buggles - Yes, that is the doting father.

kat said...

Jac - Thanks but it could be so much better technically.

kat said...

Dogga - Braving classes is something I think about often but I enjoy them.