Monday, November 12, 2007

Camera Paddy Nearly Over

I need to get out with it more - on my OWN. Other people haven't got the time to wait whilst I take photographs ( not that I ask them to wait) and they can't understand why I should want to wait 5 or 10 minutes for a cloud to move. I'm frustrated with being rushed, rushed, rushed. I can understand why people don't want to hang about but I wish they could understand why I would prefer to be on my own.

I suppose I am also beginning to feel a bit panicky about having to find a panel of 10 photographs. So far I have only got one photo anywhere never good enough. ONE! I'm not going to get the other nine by pointing and shooting at everything and anything in a hurry and then hoping for the best. The one half decent photograph was taken a few weeks ago whilst I was out on my own and it proves the point really.

I could have got some really good shots, yesterday, but I missed them or messed them all up. I should not have allowed myself to have been rushed by other people. I am so cross with myself over those missed shots - I could cry.

5 comments:

wintersolstice said...

I know the feeling. However, I really like the stuff you are doing. The technical side will come- most important there is real creativity in the photographs you take. Stick with it.

Andre Veloux said...

You are definitely right Kat. I've got a friend who comes away with on bike races, we only have to look round and he has disappeared off somewhere with his camera (he takes great photos), we don't wait for him, he doesn't want us to. We just meet up a little later. We have mobile phones, it's very relaxed even if we have ordered our dinners by the time he appears!

Phil said...

Good things come to those who wait Kat

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you cna't rush photographs - I always take a zillion shots and get a handful that are good and that goes for most photographers too I reckon.

kat said...

Thanks to all for your support. Bloody camera - it is not going to get the better of me. I've invested too much in it. :-)