Monday, November 19, 2007

Landscape Course - Cold, Wet, Windy and Misty

... but I learned something. I learned that tripods lose their heat quicker than any other object and that they finally settle for a temperature which is somewhere between 5 to 10 degrees below their surroundings. Yer can't pick the damn things up! They should come with an heating element. I don't suppose anyone has a knitting pattern for a waterproof tripod jacket?

The course was good and luckily everyone maintained their sense of humour. Unfortunately, we are all now in the position of having to go back to the same locations in our own time. The mist would not lift and it was so cold and damp on the tops. The breeze was chilly.

Capture the mood? Well, you see those cold, wet, thorny, almost dead tree branches sticking out on the left - they represent my mood. :-)

Underbarrow:

8 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

This green and pleasant land.....

Echomouse said...

what's this about tripods and heat? I don't get it.

Gorgeous spot it looks like :)

kat said...

Andre - Um, not always pleasant. :-)

Echomouse - The tripod got so cold, I couldn't move it from one spot to the other. Although it was a chilly morning and the air was cold, nothing was as cold as the tripod. There must be an explanation for it.

Anonymous said...

Very English countryside shot that!

May I suggest some 1980's fingerless leather gloves for tripod handling (that sounds rude) :0) and if nothing else you'll look well cool and rock 'ard! LOL

kat said...

Dogga - Yes, I will need to get some fingerless gloves.

Anonymous said...

The other thing you could try is the insulating stuff you put round pipes - it's a sort of foam cylinder with a slit so you can slip it over the pipe. A couple of 6 inch bits would do.

Lovely photo!

Phil said...

Great landscape

kat said...

Snowqueen - Yes, I'd thought of that but wondered if people would think I was crazy. I'll get some.

Phil - It is a lovely area but I can't get any decent weather to shoot it properly.