Friday, December 01, 2006

In the Pink.

The police in a town near me want to install bright pink lighting in the main shopping centre. They believe it will calm troublesome teenagers - and because it will show up their acne, it is hoped the teenagers will stay away. I believe this to be discrimination against acne prone teenagers. Not all adolescents are troublemakers. The poor little loves (not :-) ) won't be able to do their Christmas shopping.

I think individual policemen should be spotlighted. I nearly ran over one of them today. He ran out in front of my car - without looking. Had he been wearing one of his yellow highlighters, I might have spotted him a bit sooner. Luckily, he was very nimble on his feet. I didn't know they could jump so far and so high. Perhaps he was chasing someone but dodging traffic is a risky business.


Update

Insp John Ainsworth, of Lea Police, has submitted bids for funding to put the bright pink lights outside shops and street corners in the city.

The lights are intended to create a calming atmosphere to discourage criminal behaviour.

They also show up the blemishes on teenagers' face, like acne, when they stand under them.


I can't believe he said that! Wouldn't it be better to work with teenagers rather than antagonise them.


LEP Report

3 comments:

jac said...

Is this real? kat !

kat said...

Yes, it's real. Bright pink lights!

I forgot to add the link to the report but I've put it in now.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this on the news on the way home from work last week! Bizarre :[]