Is this a pretty sight on Christmas Eve?No it isn't!
It is the very top of Chorley Hospital! ( or it might be something behind it - I'm not sure now.)
Traditionally, all the family meet up at mum's on Christmas Eve to exchange presents, but this year we found my mother in a poor state of health.
I rang the NHS; they advised me to take her to the hospital. It was very nearly Christmas Day before we got out of the place. My mother had been sick a number of times over the previous two days but had kept it quiet. She is getting better now, but her blood pressure had been sky high and she was severely de-hydrated - they put her on a drip and blamed the sickness on a bug of some kind.
She spent Christmas Day with me, but all she could have for dinner was a cuppa soup. The rest of us tucked into the turkey, but I live to regret it. By early evening, I was well into projectile vomiting. (My rib cage is so sore and my throat so numb. ) The retching went on all night long even though there was nothing left to bring up. I cannot stand the sight of food.
Sorry. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas dinner.
28 Dec 06 Update: I know there are people living through worse situations and that Christmas is a sad time for many, so now that I am beginning to feel almost human again I'll put it behind me.
9 comments:
Thats not good at all. Maybe you should have another go at Christmas Dinner in a week or two. Hope you are feeling better.
I am still feeling a bit groggy, Andre.
I am going up to my Dad's today so I suppose this is another go at Christmas. I just wish it was all over, to be honest.
Oh my, sorry to read all this. I hope your Mum and you are doing better by now. Take care {{Kat}}
wow. You aren't the only one who spent Christmas throwing up! My husband actually got hospitalized and while he was there for stomach pains, I spent 2 nights up throwing up and feeling awful. I think I'm FINALLY starting to feel better.
Here's hoping you and your mom are feeling better too!
Dakota - Thanks, Unfortunately, my dad has been taken ill with a chest infection and I am a worried about him. There are so many people to worry about, I don't know who to worry about the most. I think my mum is ok now.
Colleen - Sorry to hear that you and your husband haven't had such a good time either.
Ugh..darn blogger ate my comment.
Anyway, no worries on writing about being sick. You're entitled. And besides, we'd want to know so we can cheer you up and offer useless advice :) lol
I hope you and your Mom feel better soon {Hug}
Kat, sorry you got sick. I hope your Mum is better. Mine had a pacemaker put in a week before but she is really doing better now.
(she is 87 and is always on the Internet)
I remember years ago when I was working for a printer, they ordered some food for us to have at work. They were too cheap to have a proper party. Most all of us got sick around midnight at our homes. Projectile vomiting and the 'other end' too.
Blah, humbug
I'm glad you and your mum are better now and I hope your dad is feeling better soon. Sounds like a Christmas worth complaining about, by the way - I know I would!
Thanks folks. Everyone is better now. It wasn't that bad - we've had worse.
Phil - I'm pleased your mum is well. Hope she is well enough to be back on the internet.
Post a Comment