THE inventor of a high pitched noise machine designed to disperse anti-social yobs, today defended his device against claims that it infringes human rights.
The row erupted after a parent hit out at the Mosquito box when it was used to stop children playing football outside homes on a Preston street.
The Mosquito emits an ear-shattering sound that is audible only to the under 20s, and has been used successfully to keep youngsters off the street on Victoria Park Drive, Lea, during a three-week trial.
The £580 device was hidden in a tree in the garden of a pensioner who claimed his life was being made hell by the noise of youngsters playing.
Suzanne O’Rourke claimed the box is an infringement on human rights and that it had left a toddler living nearby unable to play in her garden.
Mrs O’Rourke, a 35-year-old mother-of-two, said: “A friend of mine who lives near the box has a little girl who can’t play in her garden because of the noise. She cries and runs in the house when it’s on.
“My son Alex is one of the children who plays football there and I appreciate it is a nuisance, but there is nowhere else for them to play. The park across the road is full of dog muck.
“The police should have told us this box was going up. It should only be used away from people’s homes.”
Saturday, December 02, 2006
The People of Preston must hate all children.
From the Lancashire Evening Post - (This is an old report [Feb 2006] but it seems unbelievable that this happened in the first place. I would have thought that clearing the dog shit out of the park would have been the first step for any responsible adult to take. It certainly seems like a human rights issue to me and given the history and mentality it isn't surprising that they are now trying to shine bright pink lights in people's faces - See previous post). Sod the little children - obviously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
No doubt, a rights violation.
A great idea, but not sure what it's actaully going to achieve!
Dogga - I don't think it should be used against children playing football in the street, especially when other children live nearby.
I think its use would always be controversial.
Two sides to every arguement.
Bring back national service!
Max - ..... and should they be forced to wear pink underwear. :-)
I can hear those things as well and I'm over 20 ?
Does this mean I should give back all the booze I bought at the local offy as I'm not as old as I think I am ?
robotjam - When have you heard this noise? Have you been involved in a riot?
I think I need one of those in my school!!!!
Anonymous - Yes, ideal for student control. :-)
They diss teenagers by saying they spend all their time playing video games and watching TV and when they try to do something that teenagers used to do (play football in the street) before all the technology, they use the technology to stop them!
Snowqueen - People are forever complaining about children and teenagers. We don't seem to like them anymore, which is a shame because most of them are just normal kids. There are barely any social clubs or places for teenagers in our towns. It is no wonder the kids end up dossing around street corners. As for playing football, I think they have every right to do so. Adults with dogs (if they can't be bothered to clean up )should be barred from the parks and they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children's play areas.
Post a Comment