
1) Power from mains to antenna, which is made of copper
2) Antenna resonates at a frequency of 6.4MHz, emitting electromagnetic waves
3) 'Tails' of energy from antenna 'tunnel' up to 5m (16.4ft)
4) Electricity picked up by laptop's antenna, which must also be resonating at 6.4MHz. Energy used to re-charge device
5) Energy not transferred to laptop re-absorbed by source antenna. People/other objects not affected as not resonating at 6.4MHz
I wish something was resonating on my frequency. I wouldn't mind picking up a bit of spare energy.
BBC report
5 comments:
I think I read somewhere (probably in Bill Brysons History of Nearly Everything book), that if all the energy in all the atoms in your bodies were released, it would be equivalent to a 100,000 or a billion nuclear bombs or something like that. So you have the energy already, you just aren't letting it out Kat.
Real advice, dig out some music you love, or go down to HMV or wherever you buy your music and buy whatever CD you have wanted for a while. Come home, put it on and see if it can release that energy within.
If someone gave me a tenner and said go buy yourself a CD, what would I buy? I think I will blog that!
Andre - I going back to bed for the afternoon. My batteries need charging.
i could use some spare energy as well.
Hehehe, human recharging stations :]
FTA:
"Although the team has not built and tested a system, computer models and mathematics suggest it will work."
Yeah, that is some solid research. I'm going to assign this particular exploit to perpetuum mobile land where everything is possible.
While I know of several wireless power transfer systems in the pipeline something about this one feels fishy.
Post a Comment