What could be more enjoyable than a 6 mile autumn walk, with a small group of friends, wandering between the Lakeland Fells and the Yorkshire Dales? This was followed by a meet up with other friends and a cappuccino in Sedbergh. Followed by a one women retreat to one of the local book shops - one and a half hours of perfect peace - sat on the floor in bare feet with all the books I wanted to look at spread out around me. No pressure. No hassle.
A quick change of clothes (on the coach) and we were all off to the pub for dinner. Mushroom stroganoff and a pint of Guinness please!
Sedbergh is in Cumbria but it is very close to the Yorkshire border. It claims to be a book town and many of its shops specialise in selling hard-to-find second-hand books. Even the café had books available to read or purchase.





7 comments:
Incredibly beautiful place and the pics are cute, kite.
Alas ! I am too far away for a simple sightseeing.
Lovely !!
lovely. have a great week kat :)
Such a fantastic area. We used to go on school trips to Sedbergh every year. I remember sodden 6 hour walks that I really hated. I wouldn't feel the same now. I'd see it as more or less the perfect day out. Guinness and mushroom stroganoff doesn't sound bad either.
Jac and Boo - Thanks
Andre - It was a bit muddy in places but the rain held off.
Oh my, looks like you had a grand day out indeed.
Fantastic photos!
Sounds like a nice day all in all! Great pics too, although 6 hours in the pub sounds more appealing to me ;0)
Great pictures Kat, very UK looking. Believe it or not, it looks similar here in NY State at times.
Guinness, yuuummmm :-)
Post a Comment