I am so glad I didn't spend £60+ to see Swan Lake, in Russia. The Russian State Ballet of Siberia is coming to us. If I want to see Swan Lake or The Nutcracker, and I am not sure that I do, I could get the best seats for £24. 50. I get 3 quid off for being a Friend of the Grand. I don't suppose I could sell any of you some raffle tickets - £5 per book. It is all in a good cause. Some years ago they tried to turn our theatre into a bloody bingo hall. No! Never mind - I'll have to buy them all myself - I hate selling raffle tickets.
I've just received the brochure for 2006 -2007 and see that the Rocky Horror Show is on in January. Must book for that. I don't do the full dressing up thing but I like to go once every few years. The atmosphere is great!
Sings and waves arms - "Let's do the Time Warp again!"
Tolstoy's Wife - Um, suppose that's another to book.
Need to find some little children so that I can get to see "Danny the Champion of the World" - Roald Dahl.
Puppetry of the Penis. The Ancient Australian Art of Genital Origami. - Good grief! I'm sure I am supposed to be elsewhere on the night of the 24th September. I was going to give this programme to my son so that he could choose from it.
13 comments:
I saw clips of puppetry of the penis... wild wild stuff. Had I known that I held that gift dormant within me at a young age... the stage it would have been for me!
Puppetry with the penis?!?! hahaha. Haven't heard of that one!
Fonzie - I can do origami but I work with bits of paper. :-)
Currently working out how to fold and censor the brochure before I pass it on to my son.
Colleen - I hadn't heard of it either but I lead a sheltered life. :-)
I would love to go to Russia! *jeaslous*
I'm off to London today, so I'm hoping to catch some sort of show tonight myself :]
Tolstoy's Wife? I've never heard of it, sounds interesting.
Andre - It looks like there are two plays with the same name. This is the one being shown at The Grand.
If you don't do the full dressing up thing do yu take props? Torch, rice, water pistol and so on?
Singing along with ya .....
It's astounding, time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely, not for very much longer
I've got to keep control
I remember doing the TIme Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the time warp again...
Let's do the time warp again!
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!
Do yer want to come with us, Pal.
I don't usually take anything. Me and my sister sit right in the middle of the front row of the dress circle and watch the audience. :-)
Oh I'd love to see it again. Can't do this January though :-) Next time for sure. Shine a light for me though ...
Pal - Just had a proper look at this and realised it's a film not the show. I am not sure we will bother with it; need to check with my sister.
Don't supose it matters that it is a film. Aficionados will still dress up and act along. Take a brolly too :0-)
My sister still wants to go so I best book it.
Post a Comment