Sunday, July 24, 2005

Shot man not connected to bombings.

Fight violence with violence and terrorise the already terrified and you will kill innocent people. It could be a member of your own family.

"This tragedy has added another victim to the toll of deaths for which the terrorists bear responsibility." says Ken Livingstone. NO MR LIVINGSTONE!! The world will not be a better place until people, organisations and nations take full responsibility for their own actions and reactions.

BBC Report

4 comments:

Lobster Blogster said...

I am completely with you on this one Kat. Up until now I have respected Red Ken, mainly because he is a newt lover. However as soon as I heard the following quote I was filled with regret.

"If you are dealing with someone who might be a suicide bomber, if they remain conscious, they could trigger ... whatever device is on them," London Mayor Ken Livingstone said. "Overwhelmingly in these circumstances, it is going to be a shoot-to-kill policy."

The BBC are now reporting that Charles de Menezes was was completely unconnected to the bomb attacks and "For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."

Anyone can whip up fear in a time of unrest, it is easy. What is much harder is to keep your head and try to get the law of land to prevail. Even the most evil of the bombers deserves a fair trial, summary executions are the quickest way to further the aims of the terrorists.

kat said...

It is a sad sad day when we shoot people dead because they 'might be' and this is all this was.

kat said...

Another quote which sounds a lot better.

Sir Ian Blair told Sky News: "This is a tragedy. The Metropolitan Police accepts full responsibility for this. To the family I can only express my deep regrets."

kat said...

You like newts? I had a newt for a pet once. It was a fire-bellied newt. Lovely little thing it was. I used to let it out to play on the sofa and it would let me stroke it. I think I had it for about 2 years - Not 100% sure about that but it was certainly a good while. It escaped and obviously couldn't find its way home. I hope it escaped because if it didn't then the turtle must have ate it - I don't think it would have done that. They weren't in the same tank but the newt had ways of pushing up the lid and getting out, and if it somehow managed to get in the turtle tank. No - I still can't bear to think about it.

Not joking, I honestly did have these things as pets.