Report - Lancashire Evening Post 4 May 07 Update: Rob Spence said: Maybe it's worth pointing out that Chomsky is a liberal left winger, and is highlighting here the way the right-wing ramp up fears of the white middle and working class to gain votes and therefore control.
Maybe it's worth pointing out that Chomsky is a liberal left winger, and is highlighting here the way the right-wing ramp up fears of the white middle and working class to gain votes and therefore control.
Rob - Yes, I know that. I think people are fearful of the poor, the homeless, the immigrants etc. The politicians from all sides ( in this country ) seem capable of whipping up the fear when they want votes. Once people's fears have been ramped up they don't seem to be able to see any sense - ever. I am not a liberal left winger by the way but I do like listening to Chomsky every now and again. :-)
I could have written something about Chomsky on the front page, but I've been writing for 3 days - and I'm all worn out.
Andre, boo, dogga - It sends me into despair but I don't know why the paper bothered to print it. It's all complete and utter nonsense. The council can't discriminate against the homeless no matter what any of the local residents want.
6 comments:
That's great that is, because you are a homeless person you can't use the gym! The sorry state of Britain today.
Maybe it's worth pointing out that Chomsky is a liberal left winger, and is highlighting here the way the right-wing ramp up fears of the white middle and working class to gain votes and therefore control.
sad thing.
Grrr :[]
Rob - Yes, I know that. I think people are fearful of the poor, the homeless, the immigrants etc. The politicians from all sides ( in this country ) seem capable of whipping up the fear when they want votes. Once people's fears have been ramped up they don't seem to be able to see any sense - ever. I am not a liberal left winger by the way but I do like listening to Chomsky every now and again. :-)
I could have written something about Chomsky on the front page, but I've been writing for 3 days - and I'm all worn out.
Andre, boo, dogga - It sends me into despair but I don't know why the paper bothered to print it. It's all complete and utter nonsense. The council can't discriminate against the homeless no matter what any of the local residents want.
Post a Comment