Yes, I lied but it is hideous, isn't it? I can't decide whether she is sat in the teapot or whether it is half fairy and half teapot. I have visions of it flying round the room pouring out the guests' drinks - Mary Poppins style.
Andre - I think it depends on the circumstances - who's asking, why and whether they are asking before or after the purchase. This item tested me to my limits - or beyond my limits, perhaps. :-)
My face and initial reaction may have given the game away, but I think I got away with a half lie.
It depends. I think I would serve a nice pot of tea out of it and then place it on the upper shelf (for safe keeping) and not see it again until I moved.
21 comments:
This is when it's OK to lie...
I can usually always find something positive to say - for instance she has got a lovely face .....
Oh Lord. Lie your head off.
Ehmmm…. No I couldn't!
Yes, I lied but it is hideous, isn't it? I can't decide whether she is sat in the teapot or whether it is half fairy and half teapot. I have visions of it flying round the room pouring out the guests' drinks - Mary Poppins style.
Lie and keep a straight face. I bet there's a whole series of them to make a lovely collection.
Does it Do Anything?
Buggles - I didn't ask whether it did anything - I didn't want to know.
I think you are probably right. I bet it is part of a collection. :-(
I'm not an ornament type of person - I don't give them house rooom.
I've come back to have another look. I am strangely drawn towards this.
It could be because I am decluttering and getting rid of anything that isn't actually useful or does anything to earn its space.
Oh Buggles - You don't own anything that looks like this, do you? :-)
Take the photograph round the house. If anything compares with it, chuck it.
(Chuck the item - not the photo.)
:-)
yipes.
If they were over the age of 8 I think I would have to tell the truth.
Andre - I think it depends on the circumstances - who's asking, why and whether they are asking before or after the purchase. This item tested me to my limits - or beyond my limits, perhaps. :-)
My face and initial reaction may have given the game away, but I think I got away with a half lie.
This is when you say "Oh,it's so different." If you say it brightly, she'll think you like it, and you'll have gotten away with an implied lied.
wtf is that?????? lol
zoom - Yes, but it isn't easy.
Echomouse - that's what I thought. :-)
It depends. I think I would serve a nice pot of tea out of it and then place it on the upper shelf (for safe keeping) and not see it again until I moved.
Please, it puts fhoto of Madeleine in your Bloggue
Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.
If you have any information, please contact Crimestoppers on
0800 555 111
Please Help
For goodness sake Kat write another post, any time I come back here I am faced with that photo of the shockingly bad "ornament"!
Fonzie - Great to hear from you. I thought you had left the blogging world.
Andre - Sorry. :-)
I'll post something soon. Life is just one big rush at the moment.
Oh ! I will have to grow a bit on the lower scale to answer that.
:)
Err... NO!!!
WTF is that?
There are some very starnge combo-ornaments out there indeed :]
Post a Comment