Friday, April 18, 2008

What Happened to Spring?



Have I missed it?

I had a day off work today and thought I would take my mother and son up to Rivington for the afternoon. Rivington is a beautiful scenic area - but not today. It was bleak. No green grass, no flowers and no sign of spring. I haven't seen a single bluebell this year.

I had taken my camera with me in the hope of getting some landscape shots but there was nothing to shoot. I was just about to put the camera away when this little robin came hopping up to my feet. I took about ten shots and got two that I quite like.





11 comments:

pal said...

You must have been quick with the camera. I keep trying to capture birds but they just wont co-operate!

Glad you got something for your day out. If its any consolation its been cold and wet here too today.

kat said...

I had the camera in my hand when the bird appeared. It was a brave friendly little robin but it seemed a little nervous - I think that's why its feathers are ruffled.

jac said...

The first one is gr8 !

kat said...

Thank you, Jack. I like this one the best. I think it looks sweet.

Buggles Balham High Road said...

I love the first one Kat when the Robin is puffed up.

Anonymous said...

Nice birdie shots! :}

kat said...

Thanks Buggles and Dogboy

b o o said...

Heya kat, your side suffering from old man winter?

I don't like the cold much.

Great pics of the boirds :)

kat said...

Hello boo,

Great to see you back. The weather has been fairly good here today. Some sunny spells.

Echomouse said...

Oh, that's beautiful!!! Very nice work Kat :)

Andre Veloux said...

Amazing, I saw a Robin out of the window in next doors garden just 10 minutes ago. Not the same one I guess, this was a French robin!