There is no end to the continuing expense. I have bought a couple of UVA protectors for the lenses, a lens cloth and some other odds and ends . The protectors were only £16 each but the cost of these things adds up. I was reluctant to spend any more money, but if I damage a lens, it will cost £200 to buy a new one so it worth paying for a bit of protection.
The camera has been sitting in its box over the last couple of days, whilst I studied the manual. Interesting read. Am I one of the few nutters who likes reading manuals? I feel a lot happier now. I am not saying that I can use the camera but I know a lot more about it and feel confident that the manual will be a useful reference.
I took the camera to Lytham a few days ago to test whether I really did need a tripod during long exposures - perhaps I could keep the camera still enough. It was early evening and the moon was reflecting on the sea. The reflection in the photographs is beautiful, but what a pity about the three moons. My tripod arrived this morning.
I've also been to Blackpool to take photographs of the World's largest mirror ball - they are a disaster. You could take your pick of either a beautiful mirror ball against a white sky or a beautiful sky with a dark mirror ball. The temptation to open a couple of layers in Photoshop and plant the beautiful mirror ball on the beautiful sky is almost impossible to overcome but I want to get it right with the camera. ( I don't like cheating too much with my own photos. ) Before I left the scene, I tried shooting from almost underneath the mirror ball. Whilst I expected to see something of my own reflection, nothing had quite prepared me for what I saw when I opened the photograph on the computer. The damn mirror ball was looking right down my top. No! I am not posting the photo. It is bad enough that parts of my anatomy were magnified and displayed on Blackpool seafront. I wondered why the couple nearby were giggling.
Action - Get a poloneck jumper and an anorak.
6 comments:
Lol! Thre must be a boob reflection group on Flickr somewhere ......
You seem to be developing your confidence and trying things, and I admire the way you managed the manual. Keep up the posts, it is helpful to know someone else is battling with unlocking the potential of a digital SLR - I have had some dreadful results when trying the manual settings so far...
LOL! Very funny and well written post :-) And I know how you must have felt when you opened the photographs on your computer……sometimes you get too caught up in the whole process of taking the photo and totally forget what is going on around you, or if there is anything going to show up that you absolutely don’t want to show up :-)
Disappointment !!
Was almost sure that you were going to post it :)
Off topic, I know but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)
Wintersolstice - Yes, I will keep you all informed. I am not doing too well at all with the manual settings - I'll have another go next week.
Jac - Sorry to disappoint you. :-)
Dakota - Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Pal - there probably is. :-)
Post a Comment