Sunday, April 22, 2007

Have you retired from blogging Kat?

No, I haven't retired, Andre. It is temporary. I am very busy at the moment and, apart from anything else, I have nothing to blog about. I am doing a rather demanding course and have had to make a few decisions. The decisions are a bit harsh. As well as blogging and other things, they include refusing additional paid work. I don't like refusing paid work, and I can barely afford to do so, but the decision was made in January when I took the course on. I knew it was going to come to this and I mentally prepared for it.

I did manage a day out last Saturday (or was it the Saturday before), and under normal circumstances, I would have posted the photographs. Unfortunately, I dropped my camera and trapped it in the car door. Please enjoy the last photo from the memory card of my dead camera.


The photo was taken in the grounds of Holker Hall. I was attending a posh country fair. I'm surprised they let me in - I couldn't afford to buy anything.

I am still reading blogs and will get round to commenting soon. In all probability - very soon. I have an assignment to do and like nothing better than the odd distraction.

6 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

Well keep at it Kat. I think there is something liberating about refusing paid work, though I guess thats a function of how much you need it. Nice pic for the last one.

kat said...

I do need it, Andre. I am taking a risk re my present finances, but on completition of the course there should be more work available to me - of a slightly different type. Just need to keep the wolves from the door until September. :-)

Dakota said...

Hooray, she did not retire!
Take all the time you need, Kat, we’ll be here when you have more time on your hands.

And when the going gets though, keep in mind; you are doing the course for a good cause (more work/ more money in the near future)

b o o said...

good luck with your mysterious course :) it's always nice to read about what's happening with you, no matter how inane you think it is :)

Anonymous said...

Nowt wrong with a break, but I was wondering if you were still around :]
Shame about your camera, although trapping it in a car door must take some doing - well done! :0)

Echomouse said...

Looks like it was a lovely event. I'm so sorry about your camera. :(